Nelson Literacy Directions is a brand new core literacy program for students in middle to upper primary. The fine-grade levelling featured throught the program provides scaffolded support for students at different stages of learning, enabling them to build on early literacy learning.
The Nelson Literacy Directions program provides a wide variety of printed and electronic texts for explicit instruction in written language, oral language, visual literacy and critical literacy.
The emphasis on comprehension, grammar and vocabulary supports students in learning how to use the English language fluently to make meaning and confidently create their own texts in a range of modes.
NLD components for each year level include
- 36 levelled fiction and non-fiction texts
- Three big books with interactive whiteboard CDs
- One guided/independent exemplar cards kit (6 x 27 cards)
- One interactive student activities CD
- One audio-visual resources DVD
- One Teacher's Resource Book with CD-ROM.
Author: Various Authors
The series also includes
- Nelson Literacy Directions 3 Guided Value Pack x 151
- Nelson Literacy Directions 3 Guided Value Pack x 223
- Nelson Literacy Directions 3 Levelled text Pack x 36
- Nelson Literacy Directions 3 Starter Pack x 43.