- These terms and conditions apply to you regarding the material on this site. You are responsible for bringing these terms to the attention of anyone who may read material on this site as a result of your access to it.
- All material on this Web site, including but not limited to text, images, audio, video, artwork and pictures, is copyright © Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd 2009 unless otherwise stated. Reading, viewing, copying or adapting any material implies agreement to these terms and conditions.
- Personal Use: Part VB of the Australian Copyright Act 1968 (“the Act”) permits Users to view, print and download material on this Web Site for personal use in unaltered form only. Appropriate acknowledgement must be made. Users are not permitted to remove or amend any trade mark, copyright or other proprietary notice. Commercial use in prohibited.
To request permission to photocopy, duplicate, republish or otherwise reuse Cengage Learning material please apply for permission by filling out this form.
Students with disabilities can apply for an alternation format copies of our titles by filling out this form.
- Reproduction and Communication rights: Users must obtain written permission from Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd before they are permitted to distribute, transmit, reproduce or publish (electronically or otherwise) material or data on this website. Educational institutions are permitted to reproduce and/or communicate up to 10% of the material on this website provided they are in possession of a licence from the Copyright Agency Limited (“CAL”) and have supplied a remuneration notice to CAL under the Act. For more information, see http://www.copyright.com.au or contact CAL directly
Copyright Agency Limited
Level 15, 233 Castlereagh Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Toll free (within Australia) 1800 066 844
Tel: +61 2 9394 7600
Fax: +61 2 9394 7601
5. Trade Marks: All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and graphics ("Marks") indicated on this site are registered trademarks of Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd, its affiliates and/or licensors, in Australia and other countries. You may not make any use of Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd Marks without the prior written consent of Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd.
6. All rights reserved, including but not limited to Part VB Section 183 entitlements. These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be interpreted in accordance with Australian law.
7. ACARA Copyright Notice:
All material identified by is material subject to copyright under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and is owned by the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority 2012.
For all Australian Curriculum material except elaborations: This is an extract from the Australian Curriculum.
Elaborations: This may be a modified extract from the Australian Curriculum and may include the work of other authors.
Disclaimer: ACARA neither endorses nor verifies the accuracy of the information provided and accepts no responsibility for incomplete or inaccurate information. In particular, ACARA does not endorse or verify that:
• The content descriptions are solely for a particular year and subject;
• All the content descriptions for that year and subject have been used; and
• The author’s material aligns with the Australian Curriculum content descriptions for the relevant year and subject.
You can find the unaltered and most up to date version of this material at
http://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au. This material is reproduced with
the permission of ACARA.
1. Whilst Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd endeavours to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, it is provided on an “as is” basis, without warranties or guarantees of any kind, implied or expressed. Cenage Learning Australia Pty Ltd does not warrant, guarantee, undertake, or make any representations regarding the accuracy, reliability, completes or correctness in relation to the Content or information presented on or in connection to the Web Site. You accept sole responsibility and risk associated with the use and results of information displayed or accessed from Web Site.
2. Under no circumstances shall Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd be liable for any loss or damage (including special, indirect or consequential damage) whatsoever which may arise for or in connection with the use or performance of Cengage Learning Australia’s material or Content contained on the Web Site or associated websites.
3. Viruses: While Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd make all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the Website, it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for viruses. Thus, you are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from this site.
4. External Links: All Internet addresses (URLs) hotlinked in these sites were current at the time of writing. However, because of the dynamic nature of the Internet, some addresses may have changed, or site may have since ceased to exist. While the authors and publisher regret any inconvenience this may cause, no responsibility for any such changes can be accepted by either the authors or the publisher.
5. All authors or providers of a link into this site should note that Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd does not necessarily read, check or edit the context from such links and Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd accepts such material linked to its site purely on the basis of an understanding that Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd is a distributor (not a publisher) of such material and by linking to this site, the author or provider of the link gives an implied warranty that he/she/it will indemnify Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd in the event of any action arising as a result of such material appearing on or via the website. All persons accessing this site are also put on notice of such fact.
6. International Law: Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd make efforts to ensure that its publications, advertising and offers on this site fully meet the requirements of Australian law and foreign laws of any country where it is intended for such content to be viewed. In the event that a foreign country’s law may not be fully complied with, then Cengage Learning Australia Pty Ltd shall be deemed not to be directing such content to that particular country.
Cengage Learning Australia site welcomes and encourages all forms of feedback and comment.
Please freely contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org