Senior Editor LOTE – Secondary
(12 month contract position)
Cengage Learning is seeking a Senior Editor LOTE for its Secondary Publishing department. This is a 12 month contract position based in our South Melbourne head office.
Cengage Learning is one of Australia’s leading educational publishers distributing award-winning innovative textbook and technology products to the school and higher education market in Australia and New Zealand.
The Senior Editor LOTE (contract position) will be responsible for managing the pre-press stages of Secondary LOTE titles for Cengage Learning’s successful Obento series, including print, audio, video and digital products. You will have:
• proven in-house editorial experience
• experience in editing or project-managing highly illustrated and designed material
• sound knowledge of educational publishing (LOTE experience would be an advantage)
• knowledge of current production technologies and procedures
• knowledge of Japanese is preferred but not essential
• excellent PC skills and experience working with Office applications
• excellent organisational, project management and interpersonal skills
• strong communication skills
• meticulous attention to detail. Your responsibilities will include:
• project managing a diverse range of assignments while maintaining schedules and budgets
• briefing and providing support to freelance editors, proofreaders and indexers
• liaising with production controllers, designers and illustrators
• managing and monitoring workflow to meet deadlines.
The salary package offered will be commensurate with skills and experience. A detailed job description
is available for interested candidates.
Applications in writing, quoting reference number SEL0312
, should be forwarded to the Human Resources Manager, via email email@example.com
by Friday 20 January 2012